Re: [css-variables] Variables used without prefix or function

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:
> Christoph Päper:
>>
>> I’m still a fan of using variable names verbatim, i.e. no prefix, no function notation, no nothing:
[snip proposal]

I don't see what the benefit to the author is of making variables be
simple keywords.

This would make it hard to spot variables in use, as they look just
like every other keyword.  It would make it confusing to combine with
other keywords.  It introduces the need for precedence rules which
mean that *sometimes* an ident is a keyword and other times its a
variable.

This suggestion has a lot of bad usability problems, and the benefit
is that you can omit a single character (the $ prefix).  This seems
pretty easy to reject.

~TJ