Re: [css3-flexbox] flex-basis initial value should be 0px

On 22/05/2012 22:48, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> All other things being equal, we should default to the one
> that is fundamentally more performant. Auto-sized flex-basis requires doing
> a second layout in many cases.

That's what I'm querying, really.  You won't end up with more slower
pages just because of the initial value — because the author won't stick
with the initial value unless it's actually what they want.  It's not as
if 'auto' and '0px' are indistinguishable...

On the other hand, I can see that if two values were indistinguishable
in common cases then it would make sense to make the more efficient one
the default.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net