Re: [css3-flexbox] flex-basis initial value should be 0px

From: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 23:20:02 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
CC: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
On 22/05/2012 22:48, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> All other things being equal, we should default to the one
> that is fundamentally more performant. Auto-sized flex-basis requires doing
> a second layout in many cases.

That's what I'm querying, really.  You won't end up with more slower
pages just because of the initial value  because the author won't stick
with the initial value unless it's actually what they want.  It's not as
if 'auto' and '0px' are indistinguishable...

On the other hand, I can see that if two values were indistinguishable
in common cases then it would make sense to make the more efficient one
the default.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net