Re: [css3-flexbox] min-width/height: auto, its Computed Value line, and "computes to" prose

On 5/19/12 6:44 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> I think the "New Computed Value" line is correct, the 'auto' keyword
>> should always be the computed value, and the second quoted piece of
>> prose should be changed to avoid the term "computes".
>>
>> This would avoid implementation complexity and the need to update
>> http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/property-dependencies to reflect this
>> additional dependency.
>
> What effect would this have on Block Layout margin-collapsing, which
> assigns special meaning to a min-height other than 0?

Does it assign that meaning to the computed value or the used value?

Seems like the right thing to do is to have the special meaning assigned
to used value, no matter what the actual computed value here is.

-Boris