Re: [css3-flexbox][css3-align] start/end vs. before/after

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> [Glenn Adams:]

> relative
> axis
> axis

> >>in that case, i support fantasai's proposal, but do not support chris'
> proposal to use start/end for both axes
> >>Could you elaborate on why?
>
> >as I said in an earlier message
>
> >my position is based on the terminology used in XSL-FO; of course, CSS
> may decide to be different, but such a >difference may result in
> unnecessary confusion
>
> That's nice for XSL-FO users. The vast majority of CSS users will,
> however, not be at all confused with any
> differences with XSL-FO. Any other reason?

The before/after vs start/end distinction is already in deployed use in W3C
technologies. IMO, here is no need to make a gratuitous change. It will
simply create a difference when there is none now, and no difference is
needed. Thus, I support fantasai's proposed value names.