Re: [css3-transitions][css3-values] The treatment of inherit, initial and other keywords in transition-property

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I could swear we discussed this and agreed these would be treated
> as unknown property names in this context. But a) I can't find
> traces of this in minutes or the archive and b) recent discussions
> about this pattern in css3-fonts and its possible treatment in
> css3-values make me wonder what should happen.
>
> Given:
>
>  transition-property:color,inherit,margin;
>
> ...recent Chrome and Firefox builds treat the declaration as invalid
> and compute the property's value to 'all' (its initial value).
>
> IE10 currently preserves inherit and treats it as an invalid property name.
>
> I suspect css3-values means to define this in a generic manner though I
> can't tell where it does so at the moment.

Fixed; we had some pending edits to rename <identifer> to <user-ident>
and make it exclude the global keywords.

Given our desire to generally just keep the global keywords out of
anything, that example should be invalid.

~TJ