Re: Proposal: position:fixed elements should form new stacking contexts

From: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 14:43:45 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 14 May 2012 04:31:04 +0200, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
wrote:

> TL;DR: position:fixed elements should establish a new stacking context.
>  Web compat issue is minimal and a problem even if we do nothing due to
> "mobile" browsers.
> [...]
> I am particularly interested in what non-WebKit browser vendors feel
> about this issue.

Opera implement the specs the way it is currently written, including
on mobile, so we don't see any particular problem with keeping it the way
it is from an implementation standpoint.

That said, we recognize that this change would make some things simpler,
and we would be able to align our implementation if it happened.

Overall, we're mostly neutral.

  - Florian