Re: [css2.1][css3-fonts] keywords in unquoted font family names

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 23:48:35 -0700
To: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I think the answer here is to come up with wording that explicitly
> defines as valid/invalid the rules below:
>
>  /* valid */
>  font-family: inherit foo;
>  font-family: foo inherit;
>  font-family: initial foo;
>  font-family: foo initial;
>  font-family: default foo;
>  font-family: foo default;
>
>  /* invalid */
>  font-family: inherit, foo;
>  font-family: foo, inherit;
>  font-family: initial, foo;
>  font-family: foo, initial;
>  font-family: default, foo;
>  font-family: foo, default;

I still support my and fantasai's assertion that any use of the
reserved keywords are invalid; in other words, the <user-ident> type
simply does not include those keywords.

Browsers are inconsistent, but I highly doubt there's any compat risk
whatsoever.  We should be able to make this sane without any problem.

~TJ