Re: [css3-transitions] colour space used for colour interpolations

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> In SVG, the color-interpolation property is used to control the colour space
> in which SVG animations on properties like fill, stroke and stop-color are
> performed.  Should this apply to CSS Transitions and Animations on
> properties that take colours too?  It'd be good to have the same
> interpolations available in both kinds of animation.
>
> (Brian mentioned to me that people also want to be able to interpolate in
> other colour spaces, like HSL or L*a*b too -- we could extend
> color-interpolation with options for that.)

I'm in favor of making this apply.  Note that transitions and
gradients both work in *premultiplied* sRGB right now.  SVG officially
doesn't have transparent colors, but in practice it does in browsers,
as they accept all the valid CSS colors.