Re: [css3-align][css3-flexbox] Value keywords for distribution

On 05/16/2012 04:35 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net <mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>> wrote:
>
>     There are two alignment keywords that distribute items evenly along the flex axis:
>     'justify' and 'distribute'. One of them aligns the first and last items flush
>     against the edges, and the other puts space equally around all items.
>
>     There's two problems:
>       * It's not clear from the names which is which.
>       * 'distribute' behaves the opposite of its behavior in 'text-justify' (which
>         aligns the first/last characters flush with the edges).
>
>     There are actually three possible behaviors you might want:
>
>     Edges flush
>
>       |[item]<-------->[item]<------__-->[item]|
>
>     Equal spacing

> Can you give an example where you'd actually want this behavior?

It was requested here:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Dec/0344.html

But it looks like the screenshot subsequently linked in the thread
doesn't match that case, it matches "equal margins"...

In that case, I'd suggest either 'distribute' or 'distribute-flush'
for the first case, and 'distribute-space' for the second, which
would match ruby-align and make it clearer which is which.

~fantasai