Re: Proposal for isolation characters in Unicode and the unicode-bidi:isolate and unicode-bidi:plaintext definitions

From: Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:10:10 +0900
To: "Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin" <aharon@google.com>
On 2012/05/15 5:06, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:
> Last week, I wrote up and Mark Davis submitted to the UTC a proposal (
> http://goo.gl/K6qtV) for adding bidi isolation to Unicode. Here is the
> basic proposal:

It may be worth considering to create a new character to close these
embeddings. Otherwise, older algorithms will close LRE/RLE/LRO/RLO
embeddings/overrides prematurely.

Another question: What's the relationship between this proposal and the
new bidi control character that was proposed (I think by Apple) around
last November's UTC?

Regards,   Martin.