Re: [css3-flexbox] Computed value of "flex-item-align:auto" on the root node

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Luckily, the issue here with not knowing whether a child is an item or
>> not has been resolved
>
> That's not the point.  The point is that defining computation differently
> for flexbox items and non-flexbox items complicates implementations (and
> will significantly complicate the spec, I suspect).  Is there a benefit to
> doing it that way?  If not, then just do the simpler thing which uniformly
> computes 'auto' to the flex-align of the parent (modulo the root element
> issue).

Ah, yes, I could do that here.  I can't give the same uniform
treatment to 'flex-basis', unfortunately, because it depends on which
direction the main axis points, and if you're not in a flexbox you
don't have a main axis.

~TJ