Re: Vendor-prefixes: an idea

On 30/04/2012 8:45 AM, François REMY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is a controversial subject, but I have got an idea I wanted
> to share. I therefore invite you to read the mail even if you actually
> like vendor prefixes. I'm trying not to hurt anyone with this mail, I
> promise.
>
> Vendor prefixes have advantages:
>
> - properties are out quickly, devs can use them if they really need it
> (+they can report bugs).
> - we can still change the property before standardization, no content is
> broken (at least, in theory).
[snip]
> Kindly regards,
> François

I mentioned about the benefits of vendor prefixes over a year ago in
this message.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Apr/0798.html

It was regarding this demo.

http://css-3d.org/flight-of-the-venturer.htm

It seems that I was correct in what I said in April last year (in
reference to different rendering of transformed elements across
different UAs). To get Firefox 12 correct, I have to feed it different
style rules.

#inner {
  /* Reserve for future use. Currently the camera view uses this frame */
  -moz-transform: translateX(-100px); /* hack to have it centered for
Firefox. Why????? */
}

Should I proceed to debug it by ripping apart the demo and creating a
test case?

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/