[CSS21] Overflow/clip and stacking contexts

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:04:04 +0200
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

Can the 'overflow' and 'clip' properties create a new stacking context,
like 'opacity'? If they can not, I have trouble seeing how to implement
them while also implementing the proper painting order described in
appendix E.

In particular, several steps refer to descendants of a box that creates
a stacking context. The overflow and clip properties that apply are not
only that of each descendant, but also that of all their ancestors.

I guess that would be possible, but the implementation gets much more
complex.

--
Simon Sapin