RE: [css3-flexbox] hypothetical size with orhogonal writing modes

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 22:51:02 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
 From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
 Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 3:37 PM

 On 05/08/2012 05:40 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

 > Actually I think at the hypothetical main size step, all items should just have
 infinite available space on main axis and actual available size on cross axis (defined
 or not), and it will do the right thing in parallel and orthogonal flows. Working on a
 proof.

 This is identical to what's there already except in the case of ''fill-available''
 and ''fit-content'' sizing, in which case you do need the available size to not be
 infinite in the main axis if it's in fact defined. So we think the spec is currently
 correct.

 Are we missing anything?

It may be correct already, then I am just confused by what it says about orthogonal writing modes. If ever the algorithm branches based on writing mode and it actually changes the results, it should follow the same branch when the child is an orthogonal flexbox or if it is a parallel block that has orthogonal children.

If all off the above just works, then the algorithm doesn't even need to mention writing modes here...