Re: Vendor-prefixes: an idea

On May 7, 2012, at 7:54 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only failure-mode is if some of
> the old syntax overlaps the new syntax, but has a different meaning
> (like what linear-gradients did with <angle>s).  The simple solution
> is "don't do that".  If you absolutely *must* do that, just change the
> property name.

At the time, I begged that we just don't do that, without also changing the syntax enough so that the previous version could still be there in a style sheet and ignored in newer UAs. I was told that the rest of WG would not give any sort of consideration of what happened with experimental prefixed values when determining how the value should work in a later draft.