RE: [css-wywiwyg] browser interpretation of css

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 22:26:04 +0000
To: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmx.de>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "coolcat_the_best@hotmail.com" <coolcat_the_best@hotmail.com>
> I think we all already dreamt of a perfect web development world, in which all browsers are behaving the same.

I would call this a horrible stagnant world, not a perfect one.

Option A
If you want all browsers to behave the same, rewind to V1 of the first web browser and halt all innovation from there forward.  I think we'd all hate that instance if it were forced on us in 2012.

Option B
Pick 1 vendor today and scrap all rest.  Now you have a monopoly where all web browsers are behaving the same.  Seems like there's no financial incentive to innovate or invest in making that browser better.  Becomes option A with a little more advancement.

Option C
Pick 2 vendors and have them collaborate heavily and merge.  Repeat until you've produced option B.

Did you have another option in mind?