Re: Mandate longhand naming conventions and [css3-text] text-emphasis-position

(12/05/05 3:51), Koji Ishii wrote:
> text-underline-position[1] too.
>
>> Example 21
>> Because ‘text-underline-position’ inherits,
>> and is not reset by the ‘text-decoration’ shorthand,
>
> For these two properties, I think the current design works better than either making it part of shorthand or changing the property names.
>
> While your general idea seems to make sense, I think authors would surprise if
>   :root { text-emphasis-position: below right; }
>   span.r { text-emphasis: red; }
> changes position, wouldn't they?

That's true indeed. But setting text-emphasis-position on the root is
only useful if you have multiple semantically different content that you
want to style with emphasis dots. Otherwise,

  em { text-emphasis: red below right; }

seems more like what authors would do.

By the way, 'font' isn't a shorthand of all 'font-*' properties in CSS3
Fonts too. Is that a problem? I don't think it's a good idea to remove
the 'font' prefix for these font-related properties...

Cheers,
Kenny