Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

On 4/5/12 21:02, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Several WG members have indicated on numerous occasions that as a
> matter of company policy they are unable to propose something for
> standardization until they have shipped a (prefixed, at the moment)
> implementation of it.  What this means with your proposal is that any
> ideas they have, no matter how half-baked, would have to be dumped out
> on the web without a prefix before they could even start to bring them
> to the working group.
Shipped as in implemented in a build or in a *stable* build? If it's the
former, I don't see how it invalidates Florian's proposal. Obviously, it
would be better if they proposed them for standardization first, but as
long as they're not in stable builds, authors will not use them in
production.

--
Lea Verou (http://lea.verou.me | @LeaVerou)