Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

On 5/4/12 2:33 PM, Dirk Pranke wrote:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Alan Stearns<stearns@adobe.com>  wrote:
>> I do not think this would necessarily be the case. Experiments and
>> browser-specific features could still be added with a vendor prefix only.
>> We could mandate that the unprefixed version (aliased to the prefixed
>> version) could only come after the appropriate standards body had a
>> proposal in hand and agreed to work on it.
>
> Isn't this essentially what the current process is supposed to be?

The current process has a much higher bar for unprefixing than "Working
group agreed to work on this spec".  A bar that allows a draft to be
worked on for years with multiple nearly-interoperable implementations
in the market, before prefixes can start being removed.

-Boris