Re: [CSS21] Errata to disallow 'inherit' after comma in 'font-family'

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 02:39:36 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
* fantasai wrote:
>My understanding of the discussion was that we would disallow 'inherit' as
>an identifier in font names, regardless of its position.

This requirement would be quite non-obvious, nobody would think that a
declaration like `font-family: Initial Caps` could be confused with a
declaration like `font-family: initial`, the former clearly refers to a
font name while the latter uses a special keyword. If the Working Group
wants to go down that road, it should make this a rule for all ident+
grammars and probably also for plain `ident` grammars, so it's clear the
keywords "inherit" and "initial" and possibly others are always special.