[css3-text] feedback on 'word-break: keep-all;'

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 18:09:59 +0800
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
The current prose for this is

  # ‘keep-all’
  #
  #   Lines may break only at word separators and other explicit break
  #   opportunities. Otherwise this option is equivalent to ‘normal’.
  #   This option is mostly used where word separator characters are
  #   present to create line-breaking opportunities, as in Korean.

. This is certainly less vague than what was previous written (CJK text
and non-CJK text, IIRC), but I have a question and a feedback:

1. What does "other explicit break opportunities" mean? forced breaks? I
should note that IE9 breaks after hyphen even if "keep-all" is
specified, is it following the spec? In any case, I think this should be
the specced behavior as I think it's weird if 'word-break: keep-all' has
side effect like this for Korean authors.

2. Word separators include nbsp but IE9 doesn't break at nbsp when
"keep-all" is specified and I think nbsp should be excluded here.

Cheers,
Kenny