Re: [css3-transforms] Behavior on UAs without 3D support

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 23:06:13 -0400
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
On 5/1/12 10:41 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> …which WebKit does when printing anyway, to evaluate print media rules. So
> this (using translate(10px, 0)) seems reasonable.

It wouldn't necessarily be for Gecko.  We don't have that rule available
at cascade time; it's dropped at parse time as I said.

Then again, I believe that we do support 3d transforms in print, so that
wouldn't be an issue for us.  But in general, requiring UAs to keep
declarations that are then overriden by later declarations is not desirable.

-Boris