Re: [css3-values] identifier matching and normalization

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:03:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
fantasai wrote:

> We need to define whether/how the user-defined <identifier> is
> Unicode-normalized, and whether an NFC counter-name is the same as
> an NFD counter-name.

I think this has the potential to be a big rathole.  Wasn't there a
large discussion of this related to the Selectors spec?  Wasn't the
conclusion there to not make normalization a requirement?

Since that conclusion is a subset of the issue here, I think you need
to state why you think that conclusion needs to be revisited.  And
also whether this decision has bearing on HTML5 or not.

I'm not arguing for/against, only that I think we need to put this issue
in the context of past decisions.

Regards,

John Daggett