[css3-regions] @region or pseudo-element

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 11:01:18 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hello,

In last weeks telecon the question of @region syntax versus
pseudo-elements was raised again, and I've added an issue to the draft to
track it. The last time this was discussed [1] there was a distinct
preference for using @region. There's also the precedent for adding a
JavaScript interface to an @rule, which is now in the draft for @region
rules. And we have defined how getComputedStyle will work on the Region
interface for fragments that flow through a region.

My preference would be to close this issue with a resolution to use
@region. But if we can't yet get consensus on such a resolution, could one
of those who would object take an action item to produce a pseudo-element
syntax alternative?

Thanks,

Alan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Apr/0320.html