Re: [css3-animations] Change to currentColor means it's no longer animatable?

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Shane Stephens <shans@google.com> wrote:
> When we discussed this issue last August
> (http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/OOYmTrbeuqHBxqIvwMab) the consensus
> seemed to be that  both bumping of overlapping stops and placement of
> auto-positioned stops occurs before interpolation. You can't bump
> overlapping stops until layout time.

It's not even consensus; at this point, it's fact.

Given the color-stop fixup rules, you *must* do interpolation with
used-time values, or else you'll get weird results.  I tried to swap
the second and third rules so that we *could* do computed-time
interpolation on gradients, but that was shot down as an unnecessary
change coming too late in the draft.

~TJ