Re: [css4-text] A non-inherited property to control behavior of whitespace-only child boxes

Somewhat off-topic: There's a good use-case here for editing. Right now,
HTML editors need to inject dummy content into nodes that are empty or
contain only non-significant whitespace. Some UA's use BR elements, some
use a non-breaking space. In all cases, it causes bugs and make things hard
on both browser developers and web developers. Could we make :empty match a
node that contains only non-significant whitespace and has
whitespace-collapse: discard? If so, then editors could do the following
and avoid any of the complexity of needing dummy content.

* {
    whitespace-collapse: discard;
}
:empty:before {