Re: [css3-mediaqueries] ratio

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:56:40 +0200, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was just wondering what was the rationale for allowing spaces between
> <num> and '/' and between '/' and <num> in [1]. It might be better to
> have no space, as '/' is used elsewhere either as an operator, or as a
> 'state change' where it can happen between two numbers as well (and
> mandating one space would help disambiguating them).
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-css3-mediaqueries-20100727/#values

We saw no need to forbid spaces when this was designed. In other places
where we have slashes, we allow spaces too. Since no ambiguity arises
 from the way <ratio> is used, and since we have multiple inter-operable
implementations, it does not make much sense to change it now.

Does this answer your question?

  - Florian