Re: [css3-images] interaction of parts of the definitions of object sizing

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
[snip the rest of your email - I'm dealing with separately]

> It's also not clear to me why the influence of background-repeat:
> round on background-size isn't just already taken into account in
> the definition of "specified width".

I did this because it seems like the 2-value clause in background-size
is, itself, invoking the object sizing algorithm.  It felt natural to
just let it do explicitly that, and then come around later with
background-repeat:round fixup.  Otherwise, you're running the default
sizing algorithm to determine one of the inputs to the default sizing
algorithm.

On the other hand, the second run of the algorithm gets given a
specified size with definite width and height, which means it exits
immediately, so it's not "really" doing anything.  Maybe this is all
right.