Re: [css3-images] [Fwd: RE: CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 3 - very brief review]

On 3/14/2012 2:31 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> 4. Gradients
>>
>> It should probably be stated that gradients can cause subtle issues with
>> maintaining a sufficient luminosity contrast ratio between the text and its
>> background. (an informative note about making sure to meet WCAG2 1.4.3 is
>> probably good)
> How is this any different from the generic situation with background
> colors/images and contrast?  I haven't added anything about this.
The biggest difference between generic colors and the other scenarios
(images / gradients / rgba colors) is the difficulty in measuring the
ratio to determine if you have sufficient contrast. With rgb colors it
is trivial to determine if you have sufficient contrast. With the others
there is no automated way to measure the ratio.

regards,
James