Re: [css3-images] [Fwd: RE: CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 3 - very brief review]

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:18:38 -0700
Cc: CSS WG <www-style@w3.org>, WAI PFWG <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, WAI XTech <wai-xtech@w3.org>, WAI Liaison <wai-liaison@w3.org>
To: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
On Mar 14, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:

> 4. Gradients
>

> It should probably be stated that gradients can cause subtle issues with maintaining a sufficient luminosity contrast ratio between the text and its background. (an informative note about making sure to meet WCAG2 1.4.3 is probably good)
> it might also be a good idea to advise against animating repeating radial gradients, as they may cause flashing and seizure issues.

While I am sympathetic to these two issues, this spec seems like the wrong place to go into them like that. Similar issues exist for 'color', 'background-color', 'background-image', 'border-image', etc., even without this new module, and we don't have any such notes in the other modules about this, do we?