Re: [css3-images] comments on radial gradients

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:23:12 -0500
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wednesday 2012-03-14 20:17 +0000, Brian Manthos wrote:
> L. David Baron:
> > In section 4.3 (Repeating gradients),
> > http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#repeating-gradients :
> >
> >  I think this section ought to be clearer about how negative color
> >  stops are handled for repeating radial gradients.  The rules for
> >  repeating in this section seem to contradict the earlier statement
>

> >  that positions less than 0 have no effect on rendering in radial
> Can you clarify which spec fragment this is referencing?  I'm having trouble finding it.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#radial-color-stops (4.2.2,
Placing Color Stops) says:
  # Negative locations can be specified; though negative locations
  # are never directly consulted for rendering, they can affect the
  # color of non-negative locations on the gradient ray through
  # interpolation. For example, β€˜radial-gradient(red -50px, yellow
  # 100px)’ produces an elliptical gradient that starts with a
  # reddish-orange color in the center (specifically, #f50) and
  # transitions to yellow.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂