Re: [css3-images] definition of concrete object size

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:58:50 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 03/13/2012 02:06 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#concrete-object-size appears to
> be a definition of the term "concrete object size", but doesn't
> actually define how to get a concrete object size.  (But it does
> slightly confusingly link to itself.)
>
> It should at least say that the definition of how to get a concrete
> object size is in the sections below.

I've reworded it a bit to:

   | The concrete object size is the result of transforming an object's
   | intrinsic dimensions into a concrete size using its specified size
   | and default object size. (See sections below.) A concrete object
   | size always has a definite height and width.

Let me know if this is adequate. (Note that the entire parent section
here is devoted to defining this transformation.)

> (Though 5.3 claims to define it only "In the absence of more specific
> rules"... perhaps it could give examples of what would provide such rules?)

That's covered in the last paragraph of that section.
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#default-sizing

Is there some way you would like that further clarified?

~fantasai