Re: [css3-ui] Reinstating appearance: none

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:51:00 +0100, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
wrote:

> Can we get appearance: none added back into the css3 ui specs?
>
> Is it something that we should just accept as a vendor-specific hack
> instead?
> We are kind of stuck with -webkit-appearance: none;
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-ui/#changes-list
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-ui/>

We recently had a discussion about this:

http://www.w3.org/mid/4F3BCDC1.7000504@inkedblade.net

I agree with what fantasai said, and we should bring back
appearance with none and auto as the only possible values.

Since it isn't rare to run into this with a -webkit- prefix,
I think it would be good to have it in level 3 rather than 4
so that dropping prefixes on it isn't too far away in the future.

  - Florian