Re: outline-radius

On Mar 12, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I think you're misunderstanding me here.
>
> Shiny-27 is outline-radius.
> Shiny-15 is border-radius.

My point is that the way Shiny-15 interacts with 'outline' is broken, and should be fixed. We don't need 'outline-radius' to fix it (it should be automatic), but as long as we go to the trouble of fixing it, it might be nice to have the property too, for manual override or for having rounded outlines on sharp-cornered border boxes.

I'm not sure how I feel about negative 'border-radius' lengths to get rounded outlines on sharp-cornered border boxes. It feels wrong, and would still lead to authors creating almost-but-not-quite-zero border radii.