Re: outline-radius

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:46:45 -0500
To: Paul Bakaus <pbakaus@zynga.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 3/12/12 12:35 PM, Paul Bakaus wrote:
> While those non-rectangular outlines do happen from time to time, usually
> developers who work with outlines proactively (by setting the CSS) do not
> expect this behaviour

Then their code probably breaks in all sorts of circumstances....
(columns and pagination come to mind).

> and thus, I think it makes sense to optimize the
> most common usecase.

Or give them a better tool than "outline", which has a very particular
meaning and behavior, to solve the problem they're trying to solve.
What problem _are_ they trying to solve?

> If single element, then curved outlines.

You mean if single box?  That's fine, but my point was that the spec
needs to describe behavior in the multiple-box case too.

-Boris