Re: [css3-flexbox] "definite" sizes?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:38:17 -0500
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
On 3/12/12 12:06 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> You don't understand what it means that width or height are not shrink-to-fit, or you don't understand why a new term "definite" is used for it?

I don't understand the goal of the "definite" term in this context; the
way it's being used with percentage width is definitely NOT a synonym
for "not shrink-to-fit".

As a specific instance, I don't understand what the desired behavior is
in the example where the child is "width: 25%" and the parent is "width:
400px; min-width: 50%" and the granparent's width varies between 300px
and 1000px depending on viewport size.

If I just need to read something in particular to understand the context
and goals here, I'd appreciate a pointer...

-Boris