outline-radius

From: Paul Bakaus <pbakaus@zynga.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:38:38 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

This is a request for outline-radius, the equivalent to border-radius for outline. Particularly in web apps featuring sorting and/or drag & drop, outlines are god-sent as they don't modify layout  so in order to mark something as a drop target while dragging on top of it, outlines are invaluable to not cause any harm to the layout but highlight the target.

Rounded corners are a commonly used feature nowadays, but outlines around them look bad as they're always rectangular. Thus, I think we should bring in outline radius as logical extension. The other option would be to get rid of border radius in favor of something more generic (element-radius?) implicitly reflecting on border and outline.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Paul