Re: [fullscreen] CSS extensions for fullscreen

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:51:11 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:31:08 +0100, Daniel Glazman
> I really wonder why the CSS extension for fullscreen support is a
> new pseudo-class and not a new Media Query... The latter makes more
> sense to me. Can someone explain please ? Tantek, Anne? I think
> you're going to answer "an element that is not the root element can
> become fullscreen and hide the rest of the document". Right. But that
> means we need :fullscreen-ancestor as a pseudo, but :fullscreen still
> seems to me a pseudo acting as a media query.

How do you style the element that went fullscreen without it? (We should
maybe consider naming the specification "Element Fullscreen" to more
accurately reflect what it is about.)

It's still not entirely clear to me whether the styling part of Fullscreen
is what we want though. It needs to be reconciled with the ideas for
<dialog> somehow as hober brought up on this list ages ago.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/