Re: Allowing unknown pseudo classes and unknown pseudo element in the selector.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Daniel Glazman <
daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:

> Le 08/03/12 19:52, Erik Arvidsson a écrit :
>
>> Today we don't drop the whole rule for unknown tag names, attribute
>> names etc. We should not drop rules for unknown pseudos either.
>>

> Well. There is no such thing as an unknown tag or attribute name,
> that's the big difference. Tag and attribute names belong to the
> document instance's space, the pseudos belong to the CSS parser's space.
>
> I don't think we should change our old and stable error handling rules
> here.

How do you propose that authors include vendor-prefixed pseudos in their
stylesheets? What are the benefits of the current error handling that
outweigh the cost of needing to completely duplicate code for each vendor?

Ojan