Re: [css3-values] multiplying and dividing complex units in calc?

On Mar 8, 2012 11:38 AM, "Chris Eppstein" <chris@eppsteins.net> wrote:
> Based on the spec I can't discern whether the following will work as
expected:

> calc(20px / 1s * 20s) => 400px
>
> I'm concerned about this because storing ratios as intermediate values in
variables is incredibly useful. So once we have variables I'd like to be
able to store `calc(20px / 1s)` into a variable and then use that in
multiplication and division to translate between two otherwise unrelated
units.

We don't have this yet; unit algebra means you can run into division by
zero that can't be detected until computed or used value time, so it's too
late to treat as a syntax error.

We plan to revisit this in the next level, though.