Re: [css3-page][css3-background] Canvas background painting and positioning area

Le 07/03/2012 01:44, fantasai a écrit :
> On 01/26/2012 08:17 AM, Simon Sapin wrote:
>> Section 4.2 talks about the root element and the canvas, but is
>> more ambiguous:
>>
>>> The root element then paints the canvas and the document
>>> contents within the page padding box.
>>
>> I think this implies that the background painting area is the page
>> padding box, but it should be more explicit. As above, consider
>> using the Background 3 terminology.
>
>> (Note: why not the border edge instead, as on "normal" boxes?)
>
> Good question. I don't know. If Antenna House and Prince agree, I'm
> happy to change it to whatever you three prefer. :)

I understood why not after sending that email. The same 4.2 section says
"the page background and borders are painted first (underneath)" so the
canvas (and its background) are above that. If the painting area of the
canvas background was the page border box (to be consistent with other
boxes) instead of the padding box (as in the current spec), the canvas
background would mask the page border.

So the only changes I recommend here are editorial. (Make things more
explicit.)

--
Simon Sapin