Re: CSS3 Images issues needing WG review

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:37:06 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 19:42:11 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>

>> And the part about transforms being "ignored when
>> rendering the element as an image" should also apply when determining
>> the
>> d.b.b.?
>> Not a nitpick this time, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret this
>> part
>> w.r.t. transforms. Nobody implements per spec yet?
> Yeah, the intent is that it's based on the box's geometry + border
> image area (similar to how SVG's DBB is the geometry + stroke).
> Children, even if they're transformed or positioned outside the box,
> don't affect this calculation.
> Suggestions on better ways to state this?

No good way comes to mind. Just moving the "If the referenced element has
a transform [...]" sentence up above the note might help. Or append "This
also applies when determining the decorated bounding box, as detailed
above", or something. I'm not sure.

Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA