Re: [css-hierarchies] HTML style attribute

@Tab: You didn't understand my point but you did say exactly the same thing
as me :-) I never asked to create a new syntax for the style attribute, I
just asked to reverse the changes that were made to its definition since
HTML5 and which prevent it to contain all things a normal CSS rule could
contain.

In HTML4, the style attribute was defined exactly as you did write using the
new scoped stylesheet syntax: it worked as if you created a "special css
rule" that apply only to the element who has the style defined on it (see
[0]). That means that if you make changes to the CSS syntax to allow more
things to fit in a CSS rule than regular property declarations, HTML4
requires you to accept them in the style attribute too.

However, in HTML5, this is not true. The style attribute has been defined by
some osbcure specification [1,2] that create a special syntax for the style
attribute that's completely disconnected from the CSS syntax of a rule: it
only accepts property declarations. My concern is that it will prevent the
style attribute to benefit from any change applied to the definition of a
CSS rule, including CSS Hierarchies.

I know the HTML5 specification is out of the scope of this working group,
but the faulty specification is not the HTML5 one but CSS-STYLE-ATTR [2].
That one is under responsability of the CSS WG. I would like to have that
specification updated to reflect the reality: the style attribute should
behave like the body a CSS rule, not like a list of property declarations. I
hope I was clearer this time.

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/styles.html#h-14.2.2
[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-style-attribute
[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-style-attr/#syntax