[css3-page-template] first early draft of a proposal

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 09:41:15 -0800
To: "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
Hey all,

At the Paris meeting we decided to draft a page templates proposal to
provide a declarative way of creating and replicating regions [1]. Vincent
and I have prepared an early draft [2].

The draft contains just about as many issues as regular paragraphs, but I
think there's enough there to start discussion. I've considered the past few
months of www-style on this subject, and have either incorporated the ideas
from the list or included an issue describing a decision to make.

Here's the abstract:

The Pagination Templates module describes templates that can be defined in
CSS to display content in a paginated view. These templates define a page
containing one or more boxes with content assignments. As content overflows
additional pages are generated using template selection rules until all of
the content is displayed.

Thanks,

Alan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Feb/0526.html