Re: [css-hierarchies] HTML style attribute

On 03/03/2012 01:18 PM, François REMY wrote:
> Small questions for the spec editors of CSS Hierarchies: is it possible/needed to modify the syntax of the “style” attribute to accomodate hierarchies ?
>
> Sample:

>      a link that doesn’t follow traditionnal look&feel of links in the site
> </a>

Such a feature was proposed in 2000 in 'Syntax of CSS rules in HTML's
"style" attribute' [1], and was dropped in 2010 because nobody wanted to
implement it [2]. I doubt that this different syntax would be able to
convince implementers to take a different view this time around.

HTH
Ms2ger

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css-style-attr-20001025
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-css-style-attr-20100121