RE: [css3-writing-modes] vertical orientation and UTR50

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:09:06 +0000
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

[Koji Ishii:]

> If the web does not want, I'm happy with that. We can just update the
> table to refer to UTR50 when it goes final.

Waiting for UTR50 to go final is what you're doing now. What we are suggesting
is that you should no do that. Instead:
1. Refer to UTR50 now; specifically, do not refer to your own hosted copy
of the UTR50 data on w3.org
2. Define the mapping of MVOsimple and SVOsimple in terms of MVO and SVO
normatively (it currently is in a note).

In other words tell implementors how they can generate their own vosimple.txt
and leave it at that.

Does that clarify the expectation?