Re: [css3-values] Required minimum precision

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, this is *precisely* the case that that line is intended
>> to handle.  If your number is far enough from 1 to be accurately
>> represented as a double, there's no need to have special rounding
>> behavior - it won't be equal to 1 anyway.
>
> You're allowing the numbers to be stored with far less precision than a
> double, so no.

Ah, that's a very good point.  I didn't consider the significant range
differences between a double and the required minimums (and the actual
maximums that browsers use).

We've made it a SHOULD now, so that it's legitimate to have things
work correctly if it's parseable into a double, but violate if it
would require custom parsing to capture the difference.  Is that
sufficient?