boxes within boxes within boxes

From: william drescher <william@TechServSys.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:36:09 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
I have a problem positioning the 4th div

I want the 3rd and 4th divs to be side by side with the 2nd div
to have a height large enough to contain the larger of the 3rd or
4th.

The first div is always visible, the 2nd div controls the
visibility of the itself and the 3rd and 4th (using the property
display:inherit).

If I set
left:605px; width:background-color:#ddffee; border: 1px solid
white; width:390px;" ">
to the 4th div, it is no longer contained in the 2nd div.

If I set the position:relative, it works, but I can not figure
out how to have it beside the 3rd div (it is correctly moved to
the right but is below the 3rd div)

Help is appreciated.

bill