RE: [CSS21] [CSS3 Text] Should 'text-transform: uppercase' apply to input type="text" (text entered, typed in text field by user)?

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:46:20 +0000

[Christoph Päper:]
> In my opinion it is the target application's job (at the user's
> discretion) and not the browser's to decide what it can do and what it
> cannot do.
I agree. And this is why I think all this is well outside the scope of
CSS. Though I'd be fine with a note such as 'This property only affects
the rendering of content; it has no effect on the state of content that
will be submitted on behalf of the user e.g. text-transform:uppercase
has no effect on the user name string submitted by a login page' if there
is reason to believe it helps.