RE: [css4-background] background-position-x and background-position-y or logical directions

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:56:40 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

[Brad Kemper:]

> > Either we do not want to leave content behind and we must be backward-
> compatible.
> > Or we want a long-term standard solution to spriting
>
> I don't see why we can't have both.

Maybe we can; I'm not convinced it's necessarily worthwhile though. The
cost of adding and maintaining extra background-position baggage seems
pure overhead if we're going to invest in a solid long-term solution. At
the very least, the former may delay our ability to make progress on the
latter, such as it is.